Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lights, Camera Action! May 20th, 2008

Just tried playing with some new technology today. Upload some video we shot in the dojo.



Here's my partner and I working on our routine for Tokyo. I am trying to keep things smooth, so I am going a bit fast here. Hard to focus on the tiny details of a technique at that speed. A bit like learning a language. Fluency and accuracy are always in conflict with each other.



Sensei jumps in to show us how uke should really look. He moves like a butterfly fluttering past your ear.



A fellow aikidoka said sensei can probably drink a cup of tea while doing tobiukemi. Well, I wouldn't go that far...but I'd like to see that.

2 comments:

jrfiction said...

Hey nice one Steki, It's good to see you and the others in action. Your partner is tiny, must be really good fun to throw. Makes me want to get down and get back up again. I hope Tokyo goes well for you, send my love to all the crew.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Steve,

I don't know about tobi-ukemi but once, at a Who concert (1989 in Boulder, CO), I stumbled and fell backwards while returning from picking up a beer. I did a back roll (_not_ all the way over) and managed to preserve most of the contents of my cup. I don't remember the concert much at all but that roll will stick with me forever!

:-)

e.